Position Title: Food Pantry Manager
Department: Jehovah Jireh Food Pantry
Reports to: Pastor of Discipleship and Family Ministry
Hours: Part-time, 15-20 hours per week
Purpose and Philosophy of Ministry:
Camarillo Community Church operates a Food Pantry located at 379 Mobil Ave. Camarillo, CA 93010. The pantry distributes food to residents of Ventura County. Customers must meet certain conditions including the income guidelines set forth by USDA. Currently, and historically, food is distributed on Friday afternoons. The pantry serves approximately 120 families a week. The pantry is open 50 weeks in the year, closed the week of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Food is obtained through our association with Food Share of Ventura County and exclusive pick-up agreements with several local grocery stores. These agreements require the pantry to pick up food and safely store it 52 weeks of the year. Volunteers provide the labor in serving customers, picking up food, and administrative and janitorial services. The serving days and times are Monday, Wednesday and Saturday mornings and all day Friday.
The Jehovah Jireh Food Pantry is a ministry of Camarillo Community Church to reach and serve the underserved families in our community. This ministry exists to demonstrate the love of Christ to every customer and to every volunteer. Our goal is to show Jesus through every personal contact in providing food in a caring, loving environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Pantry Manager Is responsible for and is to manage all aspects of the Pantry operation. Pantry Manager reports to the Pastor of Family Ministries.
Pantry Manager specific duties include:
- Recruit, train, schedule and supervise volunteers.
- Manage food inventory and distribution.
- Create and maintain a professional relationship with Food Share, including participating in training, ensuring the pantry conforms to all regulations and submitting required reports.
- Create and maintain professional relationships with local grocery stores for scheduled food pick up of food past shelf date (not expired date).
- Keep appropriate records of customers, volunteers and donors.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the pantry building owner or agent. Ensure the facility is well maintained, safe and clean.
- Create a respectful and friendly environment for the pantry customers and volunteers.
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Staff Application (download below)
Deadline to apply is Friday, October 29th, 2021
FILES FOR DOWNLOAD